Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Photo taken by Rev. Barbara Soliman in Biscayne Bay, Florida • www.godspeed-network.com • Copyright ©2012 GODSPEED: BELIEVE, ACHIEVE, ENJOY, & SUCCEED!
2012 is finally here. It looks as if it is a mirage or something else... 2012 is REALLY here! It seemed only yesterday that the 2010 Christmas tree was being put down. Now, the 2012 Summer Olympics are already being advertised on TV and here in 6 months. Where did time go? How old am I? How about my children, partner, parents? My friends are getting older, with grey hair, how do I look to them? HA the best one yet, how do I see myself? I already got an AARP invitation!
Does the above resonate with you? Do the following words or phrases sound familiar: FREEDOM, CHOICES, BLANK SLATE, MIDDLE AGE, FREEDOM TO ENJOY THE SMALL BUT SUBSTANTIAL THINGS IN LIFE, "REAL" SUCCESS, START FRESH, GO FOR IT, I AM STARTING TO LIVE NOW, IT’S THE BEST TIME OF MY LIFE, EXPERIENCE IN THE UNIVERSITY OF LIFE DOES NOT GET REPLACED BY ANYTHING...NOT EVEN A MASTERS DEGREE FROM THE "REGULAR" UNIVERSITY, I CAN DO IT ATTITUDE,I LOVE MY NOT SO SKINNY BODY, I AM PROUD TO BE ME, IT IS MY TIME NOW!FR
Well, whether you are 40, 50, 60, 70 and above time is going faster, at least our notion of it. We do have so much to do, so much that WE CAN DO. We have a new year staring at our face now and all the opportunities in the universe knocking at our door. It is up to us to learn from the past, look forward to a great future, but start living now!
We have all been faced with great challenges during 2011, it is now that we can change what went wrong during that period of our life, learn from it, take the best from it and go forth to a new and renewed outlook.
First let us look at a few things we can do to move forth at this wonderful time:
1.Make a list of 3, most 5 real, reachable and honest resolutions. Pick those which spark your dreams, yet with some effort can be achieved. You can add more as you reach these first set. Write them on a Resolution Journal, this can be a real book, a Word document, or whatever suits your fancy, but that you will write not just your goals, but the means intended to reach each one.
• First write them all together in one group. Illustrate that page just like you would a Treasure Journal.
• Place pictures, mementos, or items that remind you of your achievement of those resolution already achieved.
• Give yourself rewards for achieving each one. List them there too.
• Then devote one set of pages to each of the 3 to 5 resolutions, there write the details, the how to reach them, the good, the challenges to be met and overcome, and most important the motivation to reach them.
• Make it a habit to visit this Resolution Journal on a daily basis.
• Feel the dreams, the hopes, the aspirations, the results already achieved.
• Make daily inputs of your thoughts, achievements, challenges, revisions (yes, revisions!)
• Post a translucent sheet holder in your bathroom mirror, your wall next to your bed, the door that you leave your home from, your kitchen, next to your computer or where you spend most time at.
• Place different motivational sheets inside whether handmade or computer made, the important thing is that they motivate and remind you of keeping your dream alive.
• Even on your backyard’s favorite tree, you can add a motivational pathway around it and write on it with waterproof ink your motivations and goals.
• Every night before going to sleep see yourself already with the resolutions achieved, with your check marks filled as done, your rewards enjoyed and feeling really fulfilled and joyful.
• Every day give expressive thanks and gratitude for the day you are about to start and project in your mind’s eye the great tasks you will achieve that day. No matter the weather, the task at hand, the issues pending, the challenges ahead, if you prepare yourself for a better or even great day, issues will resolve easier, you will be able to deal with all the day brings with a strong attitude of achievement and success. YOU WILL SUCCEED!
• Allow a reasonable amount of time for each goal to be reached. Do not allow any negative feeling to come knocking at your door and let it in. Close your mind to all the fast balls thrown at you that come in the form of ideas of defeat, the past failures, or even other voices that, though well meant, deter you from your achievement of your resolutions.
• Spread reminders regarding your resolutions in your car, purse, office, work, gym, computer, etc.
• Find links and triggers in many of your daily chores. Triggers can be in the songs you hear, the magazines you read, the food you eat, the clothes/colors/jewelry you wear.
• Change the way you speak to a positive, now driven style speech. Speak in the positive mode.
• Project positive thoughts processes, expect the good in all, feel and see the better side of all.
• Have immense faith, in which ever way you worship. Allow your prayer to be dynamic, positively driven, result oriented, and filled with emotional empowerment.
Most of all DO NOT GIVE UP, no matter the circumstances, the difficulties. There is always light after the darkest night, the sun always comes up and is shining behind the densest of clouds. You CAN AND WILL SUCCEED, JUST BELIEVE, ACHIEVE, ENJOY, AND ALLOW YOURSELF THE THRILL OF SUCCESS!
-Rev. Barbara Soliman www.godspeed-network.com • Copyright ©2012 GODSPEED: BELIEVE, ACHIEVE, ENJOY, & SUCCEED!